David Koch-Weser is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he practices in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance Practice Groups. He advises companies, private equity firms and investment banks across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales and joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Mr. Koch-Weser also advises public companies with respect to certain corporate governance matters.
- Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC, a private equity firm, in its approximately $900,000,000 sale of Wencor Group, LLC to Warburg Pincus LLC.
- Ducommun Incorporated, a publicly-traded aerospace company, in its $340,000,000 acquisition of LaBarge Inc., a publicly traded aerospace company.
- Ducommun Incorporated’s $200,000,000 offering of senior notes and subsequent note exchange.
- Dole Food Co. Inc., in the restructuring of its foreign subsidiaries in connection with its $1,700,000,000 divestiture of its worldwide packaged foods and Asia fresh businesses to Itochu Corporation.
- Aurora Capital Group, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc., the largest national provider of closed-loop automated cooking oil solutions to the U.S. restaurant and hospitality markets.
- Aurora Capital Group, in its approximately $270,000,000 acquisition of, and subsequent going-private transaction with, National Technical Systems, Inc., a leading provider of testing and engineering services to the aerospace, defense, telecommunications, automotive, energy and high technology markets.
- Aurora Capital Group, in its acquisition of Pace Analytical Services, a leading provider of U.S. environmental and life sciences testing.
- Wencor Group, LLC, a specialized aftermarket aircraft parts and services company, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Flight Line Products, Inc., a leading provider of aircraft parts and services.
- Wencor Group, LLC, in its acquisition of Star Aero, LLC, an independent provider of commercial aircraft parts and services.
- Wencor Group, LLC, in its acquisition of Xtra Aerospace, Inc., a leading provider of specialized repair services for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems for commercial aircraft.
- Leslie’s Poolmart, in its acquisition of In the Swim, a leading retailer of aftermarket pool and spa supplies.
- THQ, a developer and publisher of video games, in the chapter 11 sale of substantially all of its assets to various buyers, including Take-Two Interactive, Sega Corporation, Koch Media and Ubisoft.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC, a financial investment group, in its joint venture and acquisition of large retail centers.
- Future Ads LLC, an advertising technology industry company focused on performance marketing, in its merger with Kitara Media, a publicly-traded digital media and technology company providing video solutions to advertisers, digital marketers and publishers.
- PDL BioPharma, Inc.’s exchange of up to $180,000,000 in convertible senior notes.
- PDL BioPharma, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of $150,000,000 in notes from a wholly-owned subsidiary of kaleo, Inc. and related revenue interest purchase arrangement.
- A leading mobile phone-based verification company’s acquisition of an Israeli company and related intellectual property spin-off transactions.
- The Core Group, Inc., in connection with its acquisitions of several sales and marketing support companies in the food services industry.
- A growth stage solar power generation company, in connection with multiple bridge financings leading up to an anticipated sale.
- Acumen Fund, in its investment in Azahar Coffee, a Colombian specialty coffee processor and distributor.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles in its acquisition and consolidation of several Los Angeles area Boys & Girls Clubs.
Mr. Koch-Weser earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Cornell University Law School in 2010. He graduated cum laude from the University of California, San Diego in 2004, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
Mr. Koch-Weser is admitted to practice law in the State of California and the United States District Court, Central District of California.