David Koch-Weser is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where he practices in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance Practice Groups. He advises companies, private equity firms and investment banks across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales and joint ventures and strategic partnerships. David also advises public companies with respect to certain corporate governance matters.
- Odyssey Investment Partners, LLC, a private equity firm, in its approximately $900,000,000 sale of Wencor Group, LLC to Warburg Pincus LLC.
- Ducommun Incorporated, a publicly-traded aerospace company, in its $340,000,000 acquisition of LaBarge Inc., a publicly traded aerospace company.
- Ducommun Incorporated’s $200,000,000 offering of senior notes and subsequent note exchange.
- Dole Food Co. Inc., in the restructuring of its foreign subsidiaries in connection with its $1,700,000,000 divestiture of its worldwide packaged foods and Asia fresh businesses to Itochu Corporation.
- Aurora Capital Group, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc., the largest national provider of closed-loop automated cooking oil solutions to the U.S. restaurant and hospitality markets.
- Aurora Capital Group, in its approximately $270,000,000 acquisition of, and subsequent going-private transaction with, National Technical Systems, Inc., a leading provider of testing and engineering services to the aerospace, defense, telecommunications, automotive, energy and high technology markets.
- Aurora Capital Group, in its acquisition of Pace Analytical Services, a leading provider of U.S. environmental and life sciences testing.
- Wencor Group, LLC, a specialized aftermarket aircraft parts and services company, in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Flight Line Products, Inc., a leading provider of aircraft parts and services.
- Wencor Group, LLC, in its acquisition of Star Aero, LLC, an independent provider of commercial aircraft parts and services.
- Wencor Group, LLC, in its acquisition of Xtra Aerospace, Inc., a leading provider of specialized repair services for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems for commercial aircraft.
- Leslie’s Poolmart, in its acquisition of In the Swim, a leading retailer of aftermarket pool and spa supplies.
- THQ, a developer and publisher of video games, in the chapter 11 sale of substantially all of its assets to various buyers, including Take-Two Interactive, Sega Corporation, Koch Media and Ubisoft.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC, a financial investment group, in its joint venture and acquisition of large retail centers.
- Future Ads LLC, an advertising technology industry company focused on performance marketing, in its merger with Kitara Media, a publicly-traded digital media and technology company providing video solutions to advertisers, digital marketers and publishers.
- PDL BioPharma, Inc.’s exchange of up to $180,000,000 in convertible senior notes.
- PDL BioPharma, Inc., in connection with its acquisition of $150,000,000 in notes from a wholly-owned subsidiary of kaleo, Inc. and related revenue interest purchase arrangement.
- A leading mobile phone-based verification company’s acquisition of an Israeli company and related intellectual property spin-off transactions.
- The Core Group, Inc., in connection with its acquisitions of several sales and marketing support companies in the food services industry.
- A growth stage solar power generation company, in connection with multiple bridge financings leading up to an anticipated sale.
- Acumen Fund, in its investment in Azahar Coffee, a Colombian specialty coffee processor and distributor.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles in its acquisition and consolidation of several Los Angeles area Boys & Girls Clubs.
David earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Cornell University Law School in 2010. He graduated cum laude from the University of California, San Diego in 2004, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology.
David is admitted to practice law in the State of California and the United States District Court, Central District of California.