Margaret Li is a Hong Kong and US-qualified corporate associate. She is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups, and serves on the firm’s global Associate Committee.
Margaret’s practice specialises in complex corporate transactions, including capital markets transactions, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, public company takeovers, private equity transactions and series financings. She has particular experience in representing underwriters and issuers in equity securities offerings as well as transactions governed by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Listing Rules and securities regulations in Hong Kong. She also regularly advises companies on corporate governance and regulatory compliance matters.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Margaret trained and practiced at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP.
Margaret is admitted to practice in Hong Kong and the State of New York. She is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
M&A, private equity and joint ventures
- Acting for KKR on the acquisition of The Executive Centre, a leading provider of premium flexible office space solutions in Asia Pacific and the Middle East.
- Acting for PCCW Limited on the sale of its data center business to a buyer controlled by funds managed by affiliates of DigitalBridge Group, Inc., a leading global digital infrastructure REIT listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Acting for PCCW Limited and HKT Limited on the formation of a virtual banking joint venture with Standard Chartered and Ctrip.
- Acting for Kimberly-Clark Corporation on the acquisition of Softex Indonesia, a leader in the Indonesian personal care market.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs (Asia) L.L.C. and CLSA Limited in the US$150.5 million initial public offering and the listing of the shares of Qeeka Home (Cayman) Inc. on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting for China Securities (International) Corporate Finance Company Limited, ABCI Capital Limited and Bluemount Securities Limited in the US$53.3 million initial public offering and the listing of the shares of Fusen Pharmaceutical Company Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting for China Logistics Property Holdings Co., Ltd in its US$434.3 million initial public offering and the listing of its shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BOCI Asia Limited, Haitong International Securities Company Limited and Credit Suisse (Hong Kong) Limited in the US$180 million initial public offering and the listing of the shares of Greentown Service Group Co. Ltd. on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acting for Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Guotai Junan Securities (Hong Kong) Limited in the US$121.2 million initial public offering and the listing of the shares of Colour Life Services Group Co., Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson Dunn.