Negin Nazemi is a senior associate in the Los Angeles office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, where she practices in the firm’s Corporate Department. Ms. Nazemi advises companies and private equity firms across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset deals, joint ventures and strategic partnerships. She also advises public and private companies with respect to corporate governance matters.
Ms. Nazemi is currently a member of the firm’s Diversity Committee and First Generation Professionals Committee, and was previously a member of the firm’s Associates Committee. Ms. Nazemi also has an active pro bono practice, and was awarded the firm’s Frank Wheat Memorial Award for outstanding pro bono work both in 2017 (for work on behalf of indigent immigrants and refugees) and again in 2020 (for work on behalf of small business struggling in the wake of COVID-19). She currently serves on the Board of Directors of Pasadena Heritage, a non-profit historic preservation organization.
From 2017 through 2021, Ms. Nazemi was named a Southern California Rising Star in mergers and acquisitions by Super Lawyers magazine.
Ms. Nazemi received her law degree from the University of Chicago Law School. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology, with College and departmental honors, from the University of Chicago. During law school, Ms. Nazemi worked at the Lawyers Collective in New Delhi, India.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented Aurora Capital Group in:
- its acquisition of Grace Hill, a leading provider of comprehensive talent performance and customer experience software-driven solutions for the real estate market, from Stone Point.
- the sale of its portfolio company, Zywave, a leading SaaS provider of front office insurance solutions, to Clearlake Capital.
- its acquisition of FMG Suite, a leader in cloud-based marketing automation software for financial services professionals, from K1.
- its acquisition of Inhance Technologies, a leading global provider of fluorine-based material technologies, from Arsenal Capital.
- its acquisition of VLS Recovery Services, a leading provider of specialty cleaning and waste processing services.
- the sale of its portfolio company, DuBois Chemicals, a leading provider of value-added specialty chemical solutions and services, to The Jordan Company.
- its acquisition of Pace Analytical Services, an industry-leading sampling and analytical testing firm.
- Represented Platinum Equity in:
- its acquisition of McGraw-Hill, a global leader in educational content and digital platforms, from Apollo for approximately $4.5 billion.
- its sale of PrimeSource, a leading global distributor of specialty building materials, to Clearlake Capital.
- its acquisition of Harvard Card Systems, a leader in the card printing and gift card manufacturing industry.
- Meridian Adhesives, a portfolio company of Arsenal Capital, in its acquisition of Pacific Adhesive Systems.
- Represented Emerald Lake Capital in:
- its acquisition of Electrical Source Holdings, a leading aftermarket distributor of new and reconditioned critical power components.
- its acquisition of City Ventures, a California homebuilder.
- Represented Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of Thomas James Homes, the largest, single-lot new home replacement builder in the country at the time.
- Represented CalAmp Corp. in its acquisition of LoJack Corporation, a provider of vehicle theft recovery systems and advanced fleet management solutions, in an all cash tender offer valued at approximately $134 million.
- Represented The Ryland Group, Inc. in its merger of equals with Standard Pacific Corp. valued at approximately $5.2 billion, resulting in the creation of the fourth largest homebuilding company in the U.S. at the time.
- Represented Dole Food Company, Inc. in the sale of its worldwide packaged foods and Asia fresh produce businesses to ITOCHU Corporation, a Japanese corporation, for $1.685 billion.
- Represented InfraREIT in the sale of its business to Oncor for approximately $1.275 billion.
- Represented Lion Gables Apartment Fund L.P. in its sale of Gables Residential, a real estate investment trust, for $3.2 billion.
- Represented Green Dot Corporation in its acquisition of Santa Barbara Tax Products Group for approximately $320 million.
- Represented A.H. Belo Corporation in:
- its sale of substantially all of the assets of The Press-Enterprise newspaper to Freedom Communications Holdings, Inc.
- its sale of substantially all of the assets of The Providence Journal newspaper to New Media Investment Group Inc.