Wilhelm Reinhardt is a German-qualified partner in the Frankfurt office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Group.
Mr. Reinhardt focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, including private equity transactions and joint ventures. He is also very experienced in public M&A transactions, representing both buyers and targets. He further has profound expertise in German corporate law.
Mr. Reinhardt was selected by JUVE 2017/2018 as one of the 12 “leading partners for Corporate Law under 50” in Germany. He is regularly “recommended” for Corporate Law and M&A (Chambers Europe Germany, JUVE, The Legal 500 EMEA, Handelsblatt Best Lawyers, Kanzleimonitor). Clients praise Wilhelm Reinhardt for his “excellent legal and business acumen”, “ ‘close to the business’ mindset” and the “ability to translate complex legal contexts to business language” (Chambers Europe and Chambers Global Germany 2017). Others comment: “He is a quick thinker, can adapt to any situation, grasps complex issues very quickly and simplifies them for us” (Chambers Global Germany 2018).
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Wilhelm Reinhardt was a corporate partner in the Frankfurt office of a renowned US law firm.
Mr. Reinhardt is fluent in German and English and advanced in Japanese.
Representative transactions include advising:
- Advent International on the public tender offer for Douglas Holding AG.*
- Anheuser-Busch InBev on general corporate matters and various M&A transactions.*
- Apollo on the backstop of the capital increase of Infineon Technologies AG.*
- Bayer AG on the public tender offer for Schering AG.*
- BC Partners on the public tender offer for Techem AG.*
- BC Partners on the sale of Synlab to Cinven.*
- Clariant and Ashland on the sale of ASK Chemicals, a leading manufacturer of foundry chemicals with facilities in 25 countries, to Rhône Capital.*
- Credit Suisse as financial advisor to Terex Group in connection with the public tender offer for Demag Cranes AG.*
- Credit Suisse as financial advisor to the supervisory board of Deutsche Annington SE in respect of the takeover offer for Gagfah S.A.*
- Credit Suisse as financial advisor to Volkswagen AG in connection with the public mandatory offer for MAN SE.*
- Equinox and Steilmann Holding AG on the public tender offer for Adler Modemärkte AG.*
- Fair Value REIT AG on the public tender offer by DEMIRE.*
- Fosun International on the acquisition of a 23.16% stake in Tom Tailor Holding AG.*
- Intermediate Capital Group on the acquisition of Eismann Group and the subsequent sale to Gilde Buy Out Partners.*
- Lenovo on the public tender offer for Medion AG and on integration measures.*
- Nestlé S.A. on the sale of the PowerBar business and on other corporate matters.*
- One Equity Partners on the acquisition of transformer manufacturer SGB-SMIT from private equity investor BC Partners.
- One Equity Partners on the acquisition of a minority stake in Pfleiderer AG.*
- Perella Weinberg Partners as financial advisor to Deutsche Börse in connection with the merger of Deutsche Börse and London Stock Exchange.*
- Rhön-Klinikum AG on the intended public take-over by Fresenius SE.*
- Tognum AG (now Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG) on the public tender offer by joint venture partners Daimler AG and Rolls-Royce Group plc.*
- Versatel AG on the public tender offer by KKR.*
- Warburg Pincus on the initial acquisition and subsequent increase of shares in Kontron AG.*
- Xella, a leading building materials company headquartered in Germany, and the Management Team on the sale of Xella to Lone Star
(*Experience Prior To Joining Gibson Dunn)