Jan Schubert is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions Groups.
Mr. Schubert advises on corporate transactions and focuses on domestic and cross-border private M&A, joint ventures, management investment programs and venture capital financings. He has represented a variety of private equity and investment firms as well as companies in technology, e-commerce, manufacturing, chemicals and other industries. His general investor and company representation matters include assisting with the acquisition or disposal of portfolio companies, group internal reorganizations, capital increases, carve-outs, minority investments and general shareholder related issues.
The Legal 500 Deutschland 2023 and The Legal 500 EMEA 2022 recommend Mr. Schubert for Private Equity – Transactions and cite a client: “Jan Schubert: Outstanding deal management, good problem solver”. Handelsblatt / The Best Lawyers™ in Germany 2021/2022 have recognized him in the inaugural list “Ones to Watch” for Corporate Law.
He is member of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee (GDC Pro Bono).
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Schubert worked in the Frankfurt office of a renowned US law firm.
Mr. Schubert speaks German and English.
Representative transactions* include advising:
- Atlas Copco on the €486 million acquisition of Oerlikon Leybold, the vacuum segment of the Swiss Oerlikon group.
- CANAL+ on the €1 billion acquisition of M7 Group, a European pay-TV Operator, from Astorg, a private equity firm.
- Dubai International Capital on the US$1.7 billion sale of Mauser, a leading industrial packaging company, to Clayton Dubilier & Rice.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. on its acquisition of MYR GmbH (approx. €1.15 billion plus up to €300 million milestone payment, named Deal of the Month by JUVE, February 2021).
- Heska Corporation on the acquisition of scil animal care GmbH, a veterinary point of care laboratory and imaging diagnostics leader, from Covetrus, Inc.
- Heska Corporation on the acquisition of VetZ GmbH, a leading provider of veterinary practice management software in Europe.
- HJM Investment GmbH & Co. KG on the sale of a stake in RENOLIT SE and the acquisition of RKW SE.
- Luxor Capital Group in its financing of an add-on acquisition of one of its portfolio companies.
- Muehlhan AG on the sale of Gerüstbau Muehlhan GmbH to Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services GmbH.
- Muehlhan AG on the sale of its European and US business to One Equity Partners.
- One Equity Partners on the acquisition of transformer manufacturer SGB-SMIT from private equity investor BC Partners.
- One Equity Partners on the acquisition of Alltub Group, a market leader in aluminium and laminate specialty packaging for the cosmetics industry and other markets.
- Perusa, an international Private Equity Firm, on the sale of MÜPRO Group GmbH to IK Partners.
- Platinum Equity Advisors on its acquisition of Solenis from BASF SE and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- SC Holdings on the investment in Canyon Bicycles.
- Stone Canyon Industries and its subsidiary BWAY on the US$2.3 billion acquisition of Mauser Group, a leading industrial packaging company, from Clayton Dubilier & Rice.
- Susquehanna International Group on the sale of a majority of the Schuberth Group, one of the leading manufacturers of high-end head protection systems.
- Xella, a leading building materials company headquartered in Germany, and the Management Team on the sale of Xella to Lone Star.
*Includes Experience Prior To Joining Gibson Dunn