January 19, 2022
Law360 named Gibson Dunn a Firm of the Year for 2021 in its January 17, 2022 article “The Firms That Dominated in 2021,” featuring nine firms that received the most Practice Group of the Year awards. The publication noted that “Gibson Dunn & Crutcher LLP led the pack, picking up the top Firm of the Year spot with eight wins.”
The firm was named a Practice Group of the Year in the following categories:
- Appellate [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Appellate and Constitutional Law Practice Group’s lawyers present arguments in the Supreme Court of the United States, all 13 federal courts of appeals, and state appellate courts throughout the country. Gibson Dunn lawyers have argued more than 160 cases before the Supreme Court, with thirteen current attorneys having argued at the Court.
- Class Action [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Class Actions Practice Group has unrivaled experience in defeating enterprise-threatening class action lawsuits throughout the United States. The group has an unparalleled record in securing early dismissal in cases where other defendants facing similar lawsuits have been forced to litigate through costly, burdensome discovery and other pretrial proceedings.
- Competition [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Antitrust and Competition Practice Group handles leading-edge competition matters on U.S. and international competition issues, including: government review of mergers and acquisitions; cartel investigations and the defense of cartel prosecutions; class action treble damage litigation; private antitrust litigation in the United States and Europe; and defense of private sector clients in antitrust actions before government authorities. With over 150 lawyers located throughout the United States, Europe and Asia, our antitrust team includes former high-ranking officials from the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Solicitor General’s Office and the European Commission, as well as Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Employment [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Labor and Employment Practice Group covers a complete range of matters, and we are known for our unsurpassed ability to help the world’s preeminent companies tackle their most challenging labor and employment matters. Our practice covers the full range of labor and employment matters, including: wage and hour class actions; employment discrimination class actions; whistleblower litigation; non-compete agreements and trade secrets; appeals, post-trial briefings and litigation management; labor-management relations; ERISA and employee benefits; and occupational safety and health issues.
- Life Sciences [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Life Sciences Practice Group represents and advises innovative biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a wide range of legal, regulatory and strategic issues, including patent and product liability litigation, U.S. Food and Drug Administration investigations and enforcement actions, and corporate transactions and financings. Many Gibson Dunn lawyers hold advanced scientific degrees and have hands-on experience working in life sciences companies or within the government agencies that regulate the industry.
- Media & Entertainment [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Media, Entertainment and Technology litigators are well-known for their decades of experience in handling the full array of media and entertainment-related matters, including accounting, contract and profit participation disputes and enforcing film and television distribution agreements. Our transactional lawyers are recognized for their comprehensive capabilities in mergers and acquisitions, complex film finance transactions, and joint ventures. They handle presales of media rights; acquisitions and dispositions of catalogs, copyrights and name and likeness rights; television output and film distribution agreements; as well as the full range of corporate transactions that cut across industry lines.
- Technology [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s Media, Entertainment and Technology Group represents both established and emerging technology companies and handle our clients’ most important and complex corporate and intellectual property transactions, litigation, antitrust, internal investigations and other legal challenges.
- White Collar [PDF] – Gibson Dunn’s White Collar Defense and Investigations Practice Group defends businesses, senior executives, public officials and other individuals in a wide range of investigations and prosecutions. The group is composed of more than 100 lawyers practicing across our U.S. and international offices and draws on the expertise of more than 75 of its members with extensive government experience.