Isabel Berger is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Isabel is a member of the Private Equity, Mergers and Acquisitions and Real Estate practice groups.
Isabel advises private equity funds and other financial investor clients on domestic and cross-border transactions including leveraged buyouts, acquisitions and divestitures, equity growth investments, joint ventures and co-investments and management equity plans, as well as related advisory work. She has experience advising sponsors across a broad range of industries including real estate private equity transactions. She has previously spent 12 months on secondment at KKR.
Isabel is recognised by Legal 500 UK 2023 and 2024 for Private Equity: Transactions – high-value deals and Real Estate: Commercial Property – Investment and by Expert Guides as a Rising Star in their 2022 Guide, which recognizes the brightest and most talented practitioners under 40 in the area of business law and related practices. Isabel has been named a Private Equity Rising Star for 2023 by Law.com International: one of the top 25 private equity lawyers under 40 in the U.K. and Europe.
Isabel is admitted to practice in England and Wales and is fluent in English and German.
- California-based global sciences platform Gamma Biosciences, formed by global investment firm KKR, on the sale of its operating company Astrea Bioseparations in exchange for newly issued shares in Swedish life sciences company Biotage AB.
- Sumeru Equity Partners on its $170 million strategic investment in Zappi, a consumer insights platform designed for creators.
- KKR on its majority investment in Fore’s Tower Bridge office scheme, a 110,000 sq ft development next to Tower Bridge.
- KKR on its joint venture with Apache Capital Partners to create a U.K. build-to-rent multi-family housing investment platform.
- KKR on its joint venture with Moda Living to create a U.K. build-to-rent investment platform.
- KKR on its acquisition of the Heal’s building.
- KKR on its joint venture with Relentless to develop a mixed-use scheme in Manchester.
- KKR on its acquisition of Velero, a German asset manager specialised in residential properties.
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- KKR on its investment in Leapwork, a Danish no-code automation platform.
- KKR on its investment in Feedzai, a cloud-based financial risk management platform.
- KKR on its investment in music platform Artlist.
- Sixth Street Partners on the formation of a real estate development finance platform with Maslow Capital.
- Roundshield Partners on the formation of a real estate development finance platform with Puma Property Finance.
- Asterion Industrial Partners on equity arrangements relating to its acquisition of data centers from Telefónica.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on its investment in Aernnova, a Spanish company specialising in the design and manufacturing of aerostructures and component parts.
- TowerBrook on its investment in Van Dijk Educatie, a Dutch provider of learning materials.
- Mid Europa Partners on its sale of Alpha Medical to Unilabs, an Apax Partners portfolio company.
- Buckthorn Partners in connection with its investment in TWMA Group Limited.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., a leading supplier of gaming terminals in the UK, on the acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- Crayhill Capital Management on its financing of Heroes, a UK-based technology driven ecommerce company.
- Crayhill Capital Management on its financing for unybrands, an integrated platform for e-commerce businesses.
*Some of these representations occurred prior to Isabel’s association with Gibson Dunn.