Candice Choh is a partner in the Century City office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where she practices in the firm’s Corporate Transactions Practice Group. Ms. Choh has a broad-based practice encompassing public and private company mergers and acquisitions across a wide variety of industries and other private equity transactions, including investment fund formation, co-investments, secondary transactions, and investments in sponsors. Ms. Choh regularly counsels private equity sponsors on internal governance matters. She has also represented both issuers and underwriters in numerous debt and equity offerings.
Representative M&A transactions include:
- Representation of Green Hills Software in the sale of a minority interest to Cadence Design Systems
- Representation of Core Nutrition, LLC in its sale to Keurig Dr. Pepper
- Representation of BWAY Corporation in its acquisition of ICS
- Representation of Mauser Group in its acquisition of MaschioPack North America from Colonial Group
- Representation of Stone Canyon Industries, an industrial holding company, in connection with the recapitalization of its subsidiary, SCI PH Inc., including the issuance of $850 million of preferred stock to affiliates of Canyon Capital, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Arcadia and PSP Investments
- Representation of PCCP, LLC, a Los Angeles based real estate private equity firm, in the sale of a minority interest to AMP Capital
- Representation of Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. in the sale of a minority stake to Blackstone
- Representation of Stone Canyon Industries in its acquisition of Mauser Group BV from Clayton Dubilier & Rice
- Representation of BWAY Corporation in its acquisition of Ball Corporation’s general line division
- Representation of Leslie’s Poolmart, a portfolio company of Leonard Green & Partners and CVC Capital in its sale to L Catterton
- Representation of Stone Canyon Industries in its acquisition of BWAY Corporation from Platinum Equity
- Representation of Leslie’s Poolmart in its acquisition of In the Swim
- Representation of Array Technologies in its sale to Oaktree Capital’s GFI Energy Group
- Representation of Leslie’s Poolmart in its acquisition of NPS Pool Supply
- Representation of Aurora Resurgence in connection with its investment in a portfolio of The Parking Spot branded lots, related real estate joint venture transactions and the disposition of numerous assets
- Representation of certain shareholders of Poseidon Water in the sale of their interests to Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- Representation of Leslie’s Poolmart in its acquisition of Pool Supply World
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in its acquisition of Porex Corporation and its subsequent sale to Filtration Group
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in the sale of Mitchell International to KKR
- Representation of Bally Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition of SHFL entertainment, Inc.
- Representation of J.H. Whitney in its acquisition of Autosplice
- Representation of Ducommun Incorporated in its acquisition of LaBarge Inc.
- Representation of United Therapeutics Corporation in its acquisition of Revivicor
- Representation of Yukos International UK BV in its sale of Transpetrol to the Government of the Slovak Republic
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in its acquisition of K&F Industries and its subsequent sale to Meggitt PLC
- Representation of Farmers Insurance Exchanges in connection with the acquisition of AIG’s personal auto insurance division
- Representation of First American Corporation in the buy-out of the minority shareholders of First Advantage
- Representation of Anthony International in connection with the acquisition of Val Temperbent
- Representation of Match.com in the acquisition of Peoplemedia
- Representation of Ticketmaster in its acquisition of Paciolan
- Representation of the Chandler Trusts in connection with their bid to acquire Tribune Company and subsequent sale of their shares
- Representation of Apria Healthcare in its sale to Blackstone
- Representation of Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisition of The Sports Authority
Representative investment fund and other private equity of joint venture transactions include:
- Arrowhead Investment Management in the formation of Arrowhead Capital Partners III
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with multiple fund investments and a co-investment in a US based multi-strategy asset manager
- Cain Hoy in numerous real estate joint venture transactions
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in the restructuring of its Aurora Resurgence platform through the sale of its Aurora Resurgence Fund I portfolio to Aurora Resurgence Fund II and the formation of Aurora Resurgence Fund II
- Representation of Fortress Investment Group in numerous real estate joint venture transactions
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in the formation of Aurora Equity Partners IV
- Representation of QVT Mount Auburn in the formation of Mount Auburn Multifamily Real Estate Fund II LP
- Representation of Aurora Capital Group in the formation of Aurora Resurgence Fund I
- Representation of Leonard Green & Partners in the formation of Green Equity Investors V
- Representation of Strategic Partners in various secondary transactions and co-investment transactions across a variety of strategies
- Representation of Credit Suisse in the formation of a pooled co-investment vehicle
In addition, Ms. Choh provides corporate and transaction advice to a variety of non-profit organizations including the Women’s Heart Alliance, Center Theatre Group, the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Los Angeles, Bienvenidos Childrens’ Center, among many others.
Ms. Choh currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Business and Corporations Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. She is a member of Gibson Dunn’s Diversity Committee, Partnership Evaluation Committee, Business Development Committee and Associate Compensation Committee. She was previously appointed by Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to serve a term on the Los Angeles Convention Center Authority.
Ms. Choh graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1997, receiving a B.A. in International Relations. She earned her law degree from the University of Southern California Law School in 2002, was a senior editor on the Southern California Law Review, and was elected to the Order of the Coif.
Ms. Choh is admitted to practice in the State of California.