Mehdi Eddebbarh is a partner in the Los Angeles and Orange County offices of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. He is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Department where he represents private equity funds, REITs, institutional and non-institutional real estate investors, developers, operators, lenders and borrowers in negotiating and structuring real estate joint ventures, acquisitions, sales, developments and financings involving a wide range of commercial real estate asset classes, including hotel/hospitality, office, multifamily, vacant land, industrial, mixed-use buildings, retail and shopping centers.
Selected Matters include:
- Representation of a capital partner in the joint venture, acquisition and financing of a $1.5+ billion retail shopping center portfolio located throughout the western United States
- Representation of a capital partner in the joint venture, acquisition and financing of a $500+ million portfolio of medical office buildings located throughout the United States
- Representation of the seller in the $1.1+ billion sale of the luxury retail center known as “The Shops at Crystals, Las Vegas”
- Representation of Blackstone in the acquisition of a multi-property industrial portfolio located in the western United States
- Representation of a joint venture among Juniper Capital Partners, Fengate Real Asset Investment (on behalf of LIUNA), Virgin Management and others in the $500+ million acquisition and redevelopment of the 1,500 key Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – Las Vegas from a Brookfield-managed private real estate fund
- Representation of a joint venture between Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. and Trinity Investments LLC in the $300+ million acquisition of the 750 key Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka’anapali from Starwood/Marriott
- Representation of the purchaser in the acquisition of the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- Representation of the purchaser/borrower in the acquisition and financing of an office and theatre building located in Times Square
- Representation of a capital partner in the joint venture, acquisition and financing of a portfolio of office buildings located in northern Virginia
- Representation of the developer in the development of an approximately 40 acre mixed use development located in Boston, Massachusetts
- Representation of the lender in the construction financing of a senior housing facility located in southern California
Mr. Eddebbarh earned his law degree from Harvard Law School in 2010. While at Harvard, he was a member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau. Mr. Eddebbarh obtained a B.S. degree in Physiological Science from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2007.
Prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Mr. Eddebbarh served as a law clerk to the Honorable Philip M. Pro of the United States District Court for the District of Nevada and practiced as a real estate associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison in New York.
Mr. Eddebbarh is admitted to practice law in the State of California and the State of New York.