Dom Kinsky is an English qualified associate in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Mr. Kinsky is a member of the Private Equity and Mergers and Acquisitions practice groups.
Mr. Kinsky’s practice focuses on cross-border private equity M&A, special situations, infrastructure and venture capital transactions with a particular focus on infrastructure M&A transactions. Mr. Kinsky also handles general corporate and commercial matters.
- Asterion Industrial Partners on its equity syndications with respect to various acquisitions (including of Proxiserve, Energy Assets Group, Cortex Metering System and Axion)
- Helios Towers in relation to the acquisition and leaseback of telecom tower portfolios in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania and Senegal
- Helios Towers plc in relation to the acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure operating companies in Madagascar and Malawi and the potential acquisition of Airtel’s passive infrastructure assets in Chad and Gabon, together with related long term service contracts
- KKR in connection with the investment, alongside OTPP, in Caruna Oy, Finland’s largest electricity distribution company. The transaction, which represented the second deal undertaken under KKR’s core infrastructure strategy, involved the acquisition of First Sentier Investors’ 40% stake in Caruna Oy as well as the separate acquisition of OMERS’ 40% stake
- KKR in the sale of European Locomotive Leasing, a leading pan-European provider of electric locomotive leasing solutions, to AXA Investment Managers – Real Assets and Crédit Agricole Assurances
- Quintana Shipping Group (a Riverstone portfolio company), an international provider of shipping transportation services, in connection with the sale of its 14 vessel fleet (6 Capesize and 8 Kamsarmax/Panamax) to the Golden Ocean Group for approximately $365 million
- Riverstone Holdings in the formation of a new independent power producer, Onyx Strategic Investment Management I BV, and acquisition of a fleet of coal and biomass-fired power stations in Germany and the Netherlands
- Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures on various technology and energy venture capital / growth equity investments in Europe
- A leading infrastructure private equity fund in its acquisition of one of the UK’s largest industrial and commercial multi-utility metering businesses, network construction and asset adoption services companies
- A major Chinese state-owned energy company in its bid to acquire oil and gas assets in Central Asia
- A private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of nonperforming commercial real estate debts located in Spain and Portugal with a face value of €4.4 billion
- A private investment vehicle on its equity line investment in an international data centre provider
- A US private equity sponsor on the acquisition of a “bad bank” from The Netherlands
- An Africa-focused private investment firm on the acquisition and leaseback of a telecom tower portfolio in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- An institutional investment management firm on a line of equity investment into a UK telecom infrastructure provider and commercial contracts relating to the construction, management and marketing of 5G telecom infrastructure
- An international real estate fund on the acquisition of the real estate unit of a Spanish financial institution
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Kinsky trained and practised in the London, Hong Kong and Beijing offices of Vinson & Elkins RLLP.