Roger Singer is a partner in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher’s Investment Funds Practice Group. He specializes in the formation of private equity funds, with a focus on funds investing in real assets. He advises sponsors of real estate, natural resources, infrastructure and debt funds, as well as funds of funds. His clients range from first-time fund sponsors to the asset management divisions of major financial services firms.
Roger has been recognized as a leading lawyer by:
- Chambers USA: Investment Funds – Private Equity: Fund Formation
- The Legal 500
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides, Guide to the World’s Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Lawyers
Relevant experience includes advising:
- Berkshire Residential Investments on its $2.5 billion Bridge Loan Investors II program and its $1.5 billion Value Fund V and related co-investment vehicles.
- EQT Exeter on its $4.9 billion U.S. Value Add Industrial Fund, its $3 billion U.S. Core Industrial Fund as well as other industrial, multifamily and office funds and separate accounts.
- Appian Capital Advisory on its $2 billion Appian Natural Resources Fund III, a global metals and mining fund.
- The Oak Street division of Blue Owl on its $4 billion Net Lease Property Fund VI.
- Corebridge Financial (formerly AIG Global Real Estate) on its U.S. and European real estate investment funds and a GP-led secondary.
- Basis Investment Group on the formation of BIG Real Estate Fund II, its $825 million debt fund.
- Greystone on the conversion of its $1 billion Senior Debt Fund from a closed-end to an open-end fund.
- Cambridge Associates in a large volume of limited partner investments.
- Hawkins Way on its $500 million real estate joint venture with Varde Partners.
- Mercer Investment Management on fund investments, secondaries and co-investments.
Roger earned an AB in 1993 from Princeton University and a JD in 1996 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Head Articles Editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law.