Roger Singer is a partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the Investment Funds Practice Group. Mr. Singer specializes in the formation of private equity funds. He advises sponsors of private equity, real estate, natural resources, infrastructure and debt funds, as well as funds of funds, with a focus on real estate funds. His clients range from first-time fund sponsors to the asset management divisions of major financial services firms.
Mr. Singer has been consistently ranked in Chambers USA: Investment Funds – Private Equity: Fund Formation and recognized by The Legal 500, The Best Lawyers in America® and Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides Guide to the World’s Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Lawyers. Clients call Mr. Singer “tremendous; thorough, knowledgeable, experienced, efficient, thoughtful, commercial, timely and wise” and “a sage in the private equity space” with advice that “has proven invaluable.”
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Singer was the head of the U.S. Private Funds Group at Clifford Chance.
Mr. Singer earned an AB in 1993 from Princeton University and a JD in 1996 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Head Articles Editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law.
Relevant experience includes advising:*
- Berkshire Residential Investments on its closed and open-end multifamily debt and equity funds, separate accounts and joint ventures
- AIG Global Real Estate on its US and European real estate investment funds and a GP-led secondary
- Oak Street on its open and closed end net lease property funds and its real estate funds of funds and separate accounts
- EQT Exeter on its US, European and Asian industrial and office funds and separate accounts
- Basis Investment Group on the formation of its institutional debt funds and equity investment joint ventures
- Madison International on real estate secondary funds and separate accounts investing in the US and Western Europe
- Rubenstein Partners on its open-end real estate debt fund
- Griffis Residential on its open and closed end multifamily funds
- Island Capital on real estate debt and equity funds
- Long Wharf Capital on the formation of US value-add real estate funds
- CenterSquare Investment Management on the formation of value-add real estate funds
- AXA Real Assets on its US real estate equity fund
- Kandeo on its LatAm financial services fund
- Cambridge Associates in connection with a large volume of limited partner investments
- Appian Advisory on its metals and mining funds
- Fairfield Residential on a variety of multifamily debt and equity funds and separate accounts
- Brasa Capital Management on its real estate joint ventures and equity funds
- Corten Real Estate Partners on its real estate joint ventures and equity funds
- Hawkins Way on its equity real estate funds and joint ventures
- Portfolio Advisors on its open-end real estate fund
- A variety of European pension fund managers on limited partner investments, co-investments and secondaries transactions
- Lionhead Capital on its natural resources fund
- Mercer Investment Management on its funds of funds and fund investments
*Includes representations made by Mr. Singer prior to his association with Gibson Dunn.