Roger Singer is a partner in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the Investment Funds Practice Group. Mr. Singer specializes in the formation of private equity funds. He advises sponsors of private equity, real estate, natural resources, infrastructure and debt funds, as well as funds of funds, with a focus on real estate funds. His clients range from first-time fund sponsors to the asset management divisions of major financial services firms.
Mr. Singer has been consistently ranked in Chambers USA: Investment Funds – Private Equity: Fund Formation and recognized by The Legal 500 and Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides Guide to the World’s Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Lawyers. Clients call Mr. Singer “tremendous; thorough, knowledgeable, experienced, efficient, thoughtful, commercial, timely and wise” and “a sage in the private equity space.”
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Singer was the head of the U.S. Private Funds Group at Clifford Chance.
Mr. Singer earned an AB in 1993 from Princeton University and a JD in 1996 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and Head Articles Editor of the Columbia Journal of Environmental Law.
Relevant experience includes advising:*
- Berkshire Residential Investments on its closed and open-end multifamily debt and equity funds, separate accounts and joint ventures
- AIG Global Real Estate on its US and European real estate investment funds
- Oak Street on its open and closed end net lease property funds and its real estate funds of funds and separate accounts
- Exeter Property Group on its US and European industrial funds and separate accounts
- Madison International on real estate secondary funds and separate accounts investing in the US and Western Europe
- Colony Capital on a number of real estate investment funds, including its industrial open-end fund and single-family home vehicle
- Rubenstein Partners on its open-end real estate debt fund
- Basis Investment Group on the formation of its institutional debt funds
- Griffis Residential on its multifamily funds
- Island and C-III Capital Partners on real estate debt and equity funds
- Taconic Investment Partners on a variety of New York City real estate focused funds
- Long Wharf Capital on the formation of US value-add real estate funds
- CenterSquare Investment Management on the formation of value-add real estate and REIT securities funds
- AXA Real Assets on its US real estate equity fund
- Kandeo on its LatAm financial services fund
- Cambridge Associates in connection with a large volume of limited partner investments
- AmCap on its debut core-plus grocery-anchored retail fund
- Appian Advisory on its metals and mining funds
- LendingHome on its mortgage debt fund
- Portfolio Advisors on its open-end real estate fund
- A variety of European pension fund managers on limited partner investments, co-investments and secondaries transactions
- Zurich Alternative Asset Management on its fund investments
- Fairfield Residential on a variety of multifamily investment vehicles
- Mercer Investment Management on its funds of funds and fund investments
- Invesco on its Asian real estate funds
*Representations were made by Mr. Singer prior to his association with Gibson Dunn.