September 8, 2021
Law360 named six Gibson Dunn partners among its 2021 MVPs. The Law360 MVP Awards feature lawyers who have “distinguished themselves from their peers by securing hard-earned successes in high-stakes litigation, complex global matters and record-breaking deals.” The list was published on August 30, 2021.
Gibson Dunn’s MVPs are:
- Michael P. Darden, an Energy MVP – Michael is Chair of the Oil & Gas Practice Group. His practice focuses on international and U.S. oil and gas ventures (including LNG, deep-water and unconventional resource development projects), international and U.S. infrastructure projects, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and energy-based financings (including project financings, reserve-based loans and production payments).
- Pamela Lawrence Endreny, a Tax MVP – Pamela represents clients in a broad range of U.S. and international tax matters. Her experience includes mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, financings, restructurings and capital markets transactions. She has obtained private letter rulings from the Internal Revenue Service on tax-free spin-offs and other corporate transactions and has assisted in audits and tax controversies before the IRS.
- Theane Evangelis, a Class Action MVP – Theane is Co-Chair of the firm’s global Litigation Practice Group. She is an experienced trial and appellate advocate. She has served as lead counsel in a wide range of bet-the-company appellate, constitutional, class action, labor and employment, media and entertainment, and crisis management matters in trial and appellate courts across the country.
- Jane Love, a Life Sciences MVP – Jane is Co-Chair of the Life Sciences and the Intellectual Property Practice Groups. She is a first-chair litigator who handles high value patent litigation for pharma and biotech companies including global litigation coordination. She has extensive experience in Hatch-Waxman and BPCIA litigation. As a registered patent attorney, Jane is often lead counsel in concurrent Patent Office proceedings.
- Deborah Stein, an Insurance MVP – Deborah is Co-Chair of the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance Practice Group. She represents clients in high-stakes matters, including cybersecurity and trade secrets litigation, securities and consumer class actions, and insurance coverage and business practices disputes. She devotes a significant part of her practice to representing clients in cases involving the False Claims Act and whistleblower allegations of fraud.
- Daniel Swanson, a Competition MVP – Dan’s practice focuses on antitrust and competition law, including trial and appellate litigation, class actions, grand jury and civil investigations, merger review, regulatory and competition policy matters, and antitrust counseling. He is Co-Chair of the International Bar Association’s Antitrust Section, which is the world’s largest organization of international antitrust practitioners.