Trinh Chubbock is a partner in the London office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. Trinh is a member of the Projects and Infrastructure practice group.
Trinh is an energy specialist focusing on project developments, M&A transactions, and commercial contracts. She has a broad practice covering the full value chain from upstream oil and gas to downstream sectors, with experience in midstream work and LNG. She also focuses on renewable energy and energy transition.
She received her BA from Boston College and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales. She is named a key lawyer in The Lawyer 500 UK for power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables).
- Chevron on all aspects of its upstream interest in the supergiant Tengiz Field in Kazakhstan.
- BOC, a Linde company, in relation to the proposed H2H Saltend low carbon hydrogen project involving a 600-megawatt low carbon hydrogen production plant with carbon capture, the first of its kind and scale, helping to establish the Humber Region in the UK as an international hub for low carbon hydrogen.
- Hydro REIN in connection with behind-the-meter energy solutions to industrial customers, including solar power generation, battery energy storage systems (BESS) and other energy efficiency solutions.
- The Dow Chemical Company on the $10.5 billion financial and commercial restructuring of its joint venture with Saudi Aramco in relation to the $20 billion world-scale integrated Sadara chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Awarded MENA Petrochemicals Deal of the Year at the IJGlobal Awards, 2021.
- The Dow Chemical Company on various project development opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
- Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company on its disposal of two industrial waste treatment plants in Al Ruwais Industrial City, UAE to a consortium of Veolia, ADQ and Vision Invest.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on a joint venture with OCI N.V. to create the largest export-focused nitrogen fertilizer platform globally and the largest producer in the MENA region.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on the sale of a minority interest in ADNOC’s refinery business to OMV and ENI where the business was valued at c. $19bn, involving the carve-out of a fully integrated oil company’s refinery business.
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on the proposed joint venture with CEPSA for the development of a new, world-scale linear alkylbenzene (LAB) facility in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi.
- Gulf Keystone Petroleum on various matters in respect of the Shaikan Field in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Petrochemical Industries Company KSC on the proposed 50:50 joint venture with Pembina Pipeline Corporation for the development of an integrated polypropylene facility.
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) on the Takoradi LNG to power project in the Republic of Ghana, advising GNPC as offtaker on the project development of a floating storage and regasification unit.
- Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) on the Tema LNG to power project in the Republic of Ghana, advising GNPC as offtaker on the project development of a floating storage and regasification unit, including advising on multilateral project credit support.
- Tullow Oil plc on the proposed Banda gas to power project development in Mauritania, advising all aspects of the project including upstream arrangements, long-term gas sales arrangement and the World Bank propose partial risk guarantee.
- Tullow Oil plc on the proposed Kudu gas to power project development in Namibia, advising on the World Bank partial risk guarantee.
- Itochu Corporation on the proposed acquisition of a 50% interest in Marchwood, an 840 MW CCGT power station in Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Itochu Corporation on the proposed acquisition of a 33.33% interest in T-Power, a CCGT power station in Belgium, together with the transfer of operatorship.
- South Atlantic Petroleum Limited on the acquisition of certain oil and gas interests in the Mozambique Channel from Roc Oil Company Limited.
- EnQuest plc on the merger of UKCS assets of Lundin Petroleum AB and Petrofac Limited and the subsequent IPO of the shares of EnQuest plc on the London Stock Exchange.
*Includes matters prior to joining Gibson Dunn