Qi Yue is an associate attorney in Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher’s Beijing office and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups.
Mr. Yue has substantial experience in the representation of private and public companies and private equity funds in financings, sales and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn in 2015, Mr. Yue worked at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP where he spent two years in its New York office and three years in its Beijing office.
Mr. Yue received his Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 2010, his Master of Science from the University of Washington in 2007 and his Bachelor of Science from Peking University in 2002. He is admitted to practice in the state of New York and is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- CITIC Capital and Caixin Global in connection with the acquisition of the Global Markets Intelligence Division from Euromoney for US$180.5 million.
- NetEase in the establishment of a mobile games joint venture with Mattel.
- Special Committee of China Xiniya Fashion Limited in the share and assets swap transaction with True Silver Limited, Honest Plus Investment Limited and Qiming Investment Limited.
- Beijing NAURA Microelectronics Equipment Co., Ltd. in an acquisition of Akrion Systems LLC.
- AGIC and Humanwell Healthcare in an acquisition of The Ritedose Corporation for US$605 million.
- Special Committee of JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd. in the company’s approximately US$362 million going private transaction.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of eFuture Holding Inc. in the company’s going private transaction.
- Controlling shareholders of Sky-mobi Limited in the company’s going private transaction.
- Ningbo Joyson Electronic Corp. in an acquisition of 100% shares of Key Safety Systems, Inc. for US$920 million.
- Nanjing Xinjiekou Department Store Co., Ltd. in an acquisition of a majority stake of China Cord Blood Corporation.
- Special Committee of Jinpan International Limited in the company’s approximately US$144 million proposed going private transaction.
- Apax Partners in connection with its sale of the entire equity interest in Golden Jaguar Group to Carnival Group International Holdings Limited (Hong Kong Stock Exchange Stock Code: 996).*
- Silver Lake Partners in connection with its convertible notes investment in Qunar Cayman Islands Limited (NASDAQ: QUNR) for an aggregate purchase price of US$330 million.*
- Affiliates of Tsinghua University in the acquisition of a majority stake in Hewlett-Packard’s China-based server, storage and technology services businesses, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately US$2.5 billion.*
- Kuaidi Dache in its strategic merger with Didi Dache.*
- Shanghai Yupei Group in connection with the debt and equity investments by affiliates of RRJ Capital in an aggregate amount of US$500 million.*
- Phoenix New Media Limited (NYSE: FENG) in connection with its strategic investment in Particle Inc. *
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA) in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in AdChina Ltd.*
- Danone Asia Pte. Ltd. in connection with the formation of joint ventures with Inner Mongolia Mengniu (Group) Co., Ltd. for chilled yogurt and related products and the strategic investment in China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited (Hong Kong Stock Exchange Stock Code: 2319) for an aggregate investment amount of approximately US$420 million. (Awarded joint venture deal of the year at 2013 China Business Law Journal Awards)*
- The Consortium consisting of Mr. Dang He and CMC Capital Partners, L.P., in connection with the going private transaction of Charm Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: CHRM)*
- The Founder in connection with the sale of a majority stake in South Beauty Investment Limited to funds advised by CVC Capital Partners.*
* Matters worked on prior to joining the firm in August 2015.