Doug Rayburn is a partner in the Dallas and Houston offices of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets, Energy & Infrastructure, Mergers & Acquisitions, Global Finance, Private Equity and Securities Regulation & Corporate Governance practice groups. His principal areas of concentration are securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. He has represented issuers and underwriters in over 200 public offerings and private placements, including initial public offerings, high yield offerings, investment grade and convertible note offerings, offerings by master limited partnerships (MLPs), and offerings of preferred and hybrid securities.
Additionally, Mr. Rayburn represents purchasers and sellers in connection with mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies, including private equity investments and joint ventures. His practice also encompasses corporate governance and other general corporate concerns.
Mr. Rayburn has been consistently ranked in Texas Capital Markets Debt & Equity by Chambers USA, with sources noting him as “an outstanding lawyer who is as good as it gets.” and “he knows his stuff and works hard to find compromises to divisive issues. Doug is a true gentleman who is invariably pleasant to work with.” He has also been widely recognized, including The Legal 500 U.S. (2013), The Best Lawyers in America® (2008-2023), and Texas Super Lawyer (2006-2022).
- Represented EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in its initial public offering and numerous offerings of senior notes, common units and preferred units
- Represented Matador Resources Corporation in multiple Rule 144A offerings of high-yield senior notes and registered offerings of common stock
- Represented initial purchasers in connection with Targa Resources Partners LP’s and Targa Resources Partners Finance Corporation’s offering of $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of 5.875% Senior Notes due 2026
- Represented Banc of America Securities LLC in $500 million Rule 144A\Regulation S offering of 6.00% Senior Notes issued by Parkland Fuel Corporation
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, as underwriter, in numerous offerings of senior secured notes and senior notes of Comstock Resources, Inc., including registered exchange offer of one series of senior secured notes and two series of senior notes for three new series of senior secured notes
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo Securities and other underwriters in numerous offerings of common stock, common units, preferred units and senior notes by Targa Resources Corp. and Targa Resources Partners LP, including initial public offerings by both companies
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch and Wells Fargo Securities, as underwriters, in numerous offerings of senior notes, convertible notes and common stock by SM Energy Company
- Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Morgan Stanley in numerous offerings of common stock and senior notes by Pioneer Natural Resources Company
- Represented Blueknight Energy Partners, L.P. in its initial public offering and multiple offerings of common units
- Represented Depomed, Inc. in offering of convertible notes
- Represented Citigroup and J.P. Morgan, as underwriters, in the initial public offering of VTTI Energy Partners LP
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented InfraREIT, Inc. in its acquisition by Oncor Electric Delivery Company for $1.275 billion
- Represented Arkoma Drilling, L.P. and Williston Drilling in its sale of oil and gas assets located in North Dakota’s Bakken shale basin to Comstock Resources, an energy company engaged in oil and gas acquisitions, exploration and development
- Represented Crosstex Energy, Inc. and Crosstex Energy, L.P. in the $10+ billion merger with the midstream business of Devon Energy Corporation, which resulted in the formation of EnLink Midstream, LLC and EnLink Midstream Partners, LP
- Represented Matador Resources Company in the $150 million acquisition of Harvey E. Yates Company
- Represented EnLink Midstream, LLC in the $1.8 billion drop downs of the 50 percent equity interest in EnLink Midstream Holdings, LP to EnLink Midstream Partners, LP
- Represented EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in the $600 million acquisition of Coronado Midstream Holdings LLC
- Represented EnLink Midstream Partners, LP in the $235 million acquisition of natural gas pipeline assets from Chevron Pipe Line Company and Chevron Midstream Pipelines LLC
- Represented ASAlliances Biofuels in the $725 million purchase by VeraSun Energy
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Mr. Rayburn earned his Juris Doctor cum laude in 1993 from University of Michigan Law School. He received an MBA in 1989 from Vanderbilt University, where he previously graduated in 1988 cum laude, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics.