Jennafer Tryck is a litigation associate in the Orange County office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She represents clients at the federal and state appellate and trial court levels, as well as in arbitration, with a particular focus on intellectual property disputes, class actions, and business contract and tort claims.
Recent representative engagements include:
- Represent global pharmaceutical company in multiple patent licensing disputes, including securing favorable settlement in suit asserting various contract and tort claims.
- Munro, et al. v. University of Southern California, et al.: Defend the University of Southern California in an ERISA class action alleging USC mismanaged its retirement benefit plans.
- Rimini Street, Inc. v. Oracle, Inc.: Represent Rimini Street, Inc. in multiple high-stakes copyright infringement suits concerning the client’s software support processes.
- City of Dallas v. Delta, et al: Secured a preliminary injunction allowing Delta Airlines to continue operating at the Dallas Love Field Airport.
- Acosta, et al. v. Shell Oil Co., et al.: Defended Dole Food Company, Barclay Hollander Corporation, and Oceanic Properties in suits brought by more than 1,500 property owners and other individuals alleging property damages and personal injuries due to the development of homes on allegedly contaminated property.
- Nike, Inc. v. Dekovic, et al.: Secured a favorable settlement for Nike in a suit brought against Adidas and three former Nike footwear designers alleging misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, and various business torts.
Ms. Tryck also has an active pro bono practice. Representative matters include:
- East Bay Sanctuary Covenant, et al. v. Barr: Drafted amicus brief on behalf of Kids In Need of Defense in support of enjoining regulations that limit asylum access for immigrant children.
- Celia S. v. Hugo H.: Secured complete reversal of an adverse child custody ruling in a published opinion. (Ms. Tryck presented oral argument to the California Court of Appeal.)
- G.C. v. S.C.: Obtained affirmance of a custody award for the father of a young child with learning disabilities. (Ms. Tryck presented oral argument to the California Court of Appeal.)
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Ms. Tryck served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Dana Fabe of the Alaska Supreme Court and as an extern to Judge John W. Sedwick of the United States District Court for the District of Alaska. Ms. Tryck received her law degree from the University of California, Irvine where she graduated cum laude. In law school, Ms. Tryck served as Lead Article Editor of the UC Irvine Law Review. Ms. Tryck also holds a Master of Public Administration from the University of Southern California and a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University.
Ms. Tryck is a member of the California and Alaska bars and is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the United States District Court for the Central District of California, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.