January 21, 2021
Washingtonian magazine named five Washington, D.C. partners to its 2020 Top Lawyers, which features “Washington’s top legal talent,” in their respective practice areas:
- Miguel Estrada was named a Top Lawyer in the Supreme Court category – Miguel has argued 24 cases before the United States Supreme Court, and briefed many others.
- Theodore Olson was named a Top Lawyer in the Supreme Court category – Ted is one of the nation’s premier appellate and United States Supreme Court advocates. He has argued 65 cases in the Supreme Court and has prevailed in over 75% of those cases.
- Jason Schwartz was named a Top Lawyer in the Employment Defense category – Jason is co-chair of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. His practice includes sensitive workplace investigations, high-profile trade secret and non-compete matters, wage-hour and discrimination class actions, Sarbanes-Oxley and other whistleblower protection claims, executive and other significant employment disputes, labor union controversies, and workplace safety litigation.
- Patrick Stokes was named a Top Lawyer in the Criminal Defense-White Collar category – Patrick’s practice focuses on internal corporate investigations, compliance reviews, government investigations, and enforcement actions regarding corruption, securities fraud, and financial institutions fraud.
- Joseph Warin was named a Top Lawyer in the Criminal Defense-White Collar category – Joe is co-chair of the firm’s global White Collar Defense and Investigations Practice Group. His practice includes representation of corporations in complex civil litigation, white collar crime, and regulatory and securities enforcement – including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations, False Claims Act cases, special committee representations, compliance counseling and class action civil litigation.
The list was published in December 2020.