Kevin J. White is an associate in the Palo Alto office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP. He practices in the firm’s Litigation Department and is a member of the firm’s Securities Litigation Group.
Mr. White’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on securities class actions, shareholder derivative litigation, and government enforcement matters. He has successfully represented companies, underwriters, boards of directors, and corporate officers in federal and state courts across the country, including in cases involving claims under federal securities laws, derivative lawsuits alleging breaches of fiduciary duties, and challenges to mergers and acquisitions. Mr. White also has significant experience litigating business disputes involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference, and misappropriation of trade secrets, among other things. Fluent in Mandarin, Mr. White has also represented numerous Chinese companies in U.S. Courts and other U.S.-based proceedings.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. White was a litigation associate at a large international law firm. Mr. White previously clerked for the Honorable Stanley R. Chesler, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
Mr. White earned his law degree from New York University School of Law in 2015. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, cum laude, from Amherst College in 2004.
Mr. White is admitted to practice in California, New York, and New Jersey, as well as before the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Federal Circuits and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of California, Central District of California, Southern District of California, and Southern District of New York.
- Representing a public biotechnology company in a federal securities class action and related shareholder derivative litigation pending in the Northern District of California and California State court.
- Representing a software technology company in a shareholder class action pending in Delaware Chancery Court arising from a going private transaction with the company’s largest stockholder.
- Represented the former directors and officers of a large oil field services company in a shareholder class action in Delaware Chancery Court relating to the company’s merger with an oil segment of a large conglomerate.
- Represented a global investment bank and banking syndicate in multiple state and federal securities class actions arising from the IPO of a technology company.
- Represented a public biopharmaceutical company in a federal securities class action and related regulatory investigation arising from certain public statements made by the Company and its senior executives.
- Represented a public biopharmaceutical company in a lawsuit alleging trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement. Obtained dismissal of all claims and affirmance of appeals to the Courts of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit and Federal Circuit.
- Represented the minority shareholders and former officers of a bitcoin start-up company in a dispute with the majority shareholder relating to alleged breaches of contract and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a publicly-held Chinese electronics company in a dispute with a U.S. medical device maker relating to alleged breaches of a technology licensing agreement. Obtained dismissal of company from lawsuit.
- Represented a foreign petrochemical company in a dispute with its joint venture partner relating to an option agreement and the acquisition of membership interests.
- Represented a corporate officer of a U.S. automobile company in a multi-plaintiff securities litigation in federal court in Delaware. Assisted in obtaining dismissal of class action claims in related action commenced in federal court in Illinois.
- Represented a semiconductor company in a dispute with a Chinese computer manufacturer over breach of technology license agreements. Successfully settled dispute after winning default judgment.
- Represented a data storage company in a dispute arising from the calculation and payment of an ‘earnout’ payment in connection with the acquisition of a private company. Obtained favorable settlement after successful motion to compel arbitration.
*Includes matters prior to joining Gibson Dunn.