April 9, 2019
Variety has named five partners to its 2019 Legal Impact Report, an annual list of the leading attorneys in the entertainment industry:
- Scott Edelman – Co-Chair of Gibson Dunn’s Media, Entertainment and Technology Practice Group, Edelman has first-chaired numerous jury trials, bench trials and arbitrations, including class actions, taking well over twenty to final verdict or decision. He has a broad background in commercial litigation, including antitrust, class actions, employment, entertainment and intellectual property, real estate and product liability.
- Ari Lanin – Co-Chair of the firm’s Private Equity practice group, Lanin advises companies, private equity firms and investment banks across a wide range of industries, focusing on public and private merger transactions, stock and asset sales, joint ventures and strategic partnerships, contests for corporate control and public and private (including Rule 144A) capital-raising transactions.
- Kevin Masuda – Co-Chair of the Media, Entertainment and Technology Practice Group, Masuda represents content companies including motion picture studios and music companies, technology companies, gaming companies, private equity funds, sports and talent agencies, and other clients in various types of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, restructurings, public and private securities offerings, licensing agreements, sponsorships, and other strategic agreements.
- Benyamin Ross – Ross advises companies, private equity and venture capital firms, and high net-worth individuals in mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, joint ventures, restructuring transactions and general commercial agreements. He works with companies in a broad array of industries ranging from consumer products to energy, and has extensive experience working with media, entertainment and technology companies.
- Orin Snyder – Co-Chair of the Media, Entertainment and Technology Practice Group, Snyder is one of the country’s leading trial lawyers and litigators. He represents clients across a wide range of industry sectors and practice areas including both digital and traditional media and entertainment clients, which often seek him out for their bet-the-company cases.
The list was published on April 9, 2019.