October 2, 2023
Law360 named eight Gibson Dunn partners among its 2023 MVPs. The Law360 MVP awards feature lawyers who “have distinguished themselves from their peers by securing hard-earned successes in high-stakes litigation, complex global matters and record-breaking deals.” The list was published on October 1, 2023.
Gibson Dunn’s MVPs are:
- Michael Celio, a Securities MVP – Michael Celio is the Partner in Charge of the Palo Alto Office of Gibson Dunn. He is a sought-after trial lawyer with more than two decades of experience trying cases in Silicon Valley and beyond. He has deep experience in defending criminal actions brought by the United States Department of Justice and civil enforcement actions brought by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Theane Evangelis, an Employment MVP – Theane Evangelis serves as Co-Chair of Gibson Dunn’s global Litigation Practice Group. She has served as lead counsel in a wide range of bet-the-company appellate, constitutional, class action, labor and employment, media and entertainment, and crisis management matters in trial and appellate courts across the country.
- Stacie Fletcher, an Environmental Law MVP – Stacie Fletcher is Co-Chair of the Environmental Litigation and Mass Tort Practice Group. Stacie has handled a wide variety of cases under federal and state environmental statutes, including serving as lead counsel on numerous high-profile enforcement defense matters with U.S. EPA and state agencies.
- Hillary Holmes, an Energy MVP – Hillary Holmes is Co-Partner in Charge of Gibson Dunn’s Houston office where she is Co-Chair of the firm’s Capital Markets Practice Group. Hillary advises corporations, investment banks and private equity firms on long-term and strategic capital raising. She regularly advises companies on obligations under federal securities laws, corporate governance and ESG issues.
- Joshua Lipshutz, a Technology MVP – Joshua Lipshutz serves as Partner & Chief Operating Officer of Gibson Dunn and practices in the firm’s Litigation Department. His practice focuses primarily on constitutional, class action, data privacy, and securities-related matters.
- Saee Muzumdar, a Mergers & Acquisitions MVP – Saee Muzumdar is Co-Chair of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group. She is a corporate transactional lawyer whose practice includes representing both strategic companies and private equity clients (including their portfolio companies) in connection with all aspects of their domestic and cross-border M&A activities and general corporate counseling.
- Brian Rosenthal, an Intellectual Property MVP – Brian Rosenthal is a trial lawyer with particular emphasis on patent litigation. His patent litigation practice has spanned a wide range of technologies, with a concentration on computer software, electronics and medical devices. He has litigated over 100 patent cases, most as lead counsel, handling all aspects of litigation from complaint to trial and appeal.
- Sean Tierney, a Hospitality MVP – Sean Tierney represents private equity funds, institutional and non-institutional real estate investors, developers, operators, lenders and borrowers in negotiating and structuring real estate joint ventures, acquisitions, sales, developments and financings. Sean also has deep experience in representing hotel investors and operators in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, operation, and disposition of hospitality assets.