Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Public Policy Practice Group promotes and protects client interests before the U.S. Congress as well as federal, state, local and international government entities.
The Public Policy group's clients receive timely, in-depth information on potential government actions that may affect their business. Where necessary, we arrange for, and then prepare, clients to meet with members of the U.S. Congress and their staffs as well as executive branch officials. Other services include providing:
- Advocacy before legislative and executive branches of government
- Assistance with general legislative, committee and floor strategy
- Analysis and drafting of legislation, including legislative amendments
- Establishment and running of coalitions to amplify advocacy efforts
- Preparation prior to congressional committee testimony
- Representation in congressional, U.S. Inspector General and Government Accountability Office (GAO) investigations
- Assistance in securing appropriations and other government benefits
- Assistance with products and capabilities marketing to federal government agencies
- Ongoing regulatory counsel
Client work crosses industries and interest areas that include:
- Financial institutions
- Technology and communications
- Managed funds
- U.S. state and local matters
Unlike a pure lobbying firm, Gibson Dunn's work is grounded in traditional analytic and advocacy skills, combined with broad experience in U.S. and international government operations. We have the credibility, access and reputation to be heard, and take pride in our ability to craft legal arguments and advocate for our clients. We do this in a carefully targeted manner designed to achieve the desired result without fanfare or unwanted publicity.
Gibson Dunn's Public Policy practice offers a bipartisan team of lawyers who have served in a wide range of high-ranking government positions. The group's practitioners include former congressional committee staff and senior officials with U.S. federal agencies, the judiciary and the White House Office of Management and Budget.
The Public Policy group's goal is to maximize the potential benefit – or minimize the potential adverse impact – of governmental action on your business interests. We work to develop broad policy strategies using analytical tools, our experience in building and managing coalitions, expert, firsthand knowledge of relevant processes and personal relationships with key members and staff of governmental entities. The practice group offers a "policy plus" approach that blends traditional lawyering and business skills with the capabilities of a top-flight lobbying firm.