|Mr. Fleischer has represented a wide variety of electric utilities, investment banks, power marketers and natural gas companies and pipelines in agency investigations and enforcement matters including alleged market manipulation, market power, and reliability matters, and transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions. In addition, he has assisted clients with crisis management, strategic planning, internal corporate investigations and Congressional investigations.
Mr. Fleischer’s recent representations include:
- two investment banks and several electric utilities, energy marketers, natural gas pipelines and private individuals in FERC and CFTC enforcement investigations relating to alleged market manipulation;
- companies involved in the San Diego and Texas Power Outage reliability investigations and several other companies in FERC-initiated reliability audits and investigations;
- two natural gas pipelines in FERC-initiated FPA Section 205 rate proceedings;
- companies in Congressional investigations relating to the practice of hydraulic fracturing (i.e. “fracking”);
- several electric utilities and natural gas pipeline companies in mergers and acquisitions and development projects; and
- several financial investment companies in applications for blanket FPA Section 203 authorizations and related compliance matters.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Fleischer was an associate in the Energy Regulation & Litigation Group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom.
Mr. Fleischer graduated magna cum laude from American University Washington College of Law in 2006 where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and the American University Law Review. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County where he graduated cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Mr. Fleischer is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the District of Columbia.