Eric Pacifici is an associate in the Dallas office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Private Equity and Securities Regulation & Corporate Governance practice groups. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings for public and private companies in a variety of industries. He also advises clients on general corporate concerns, including Exchange Act reporting, corporate governance and Section 16 matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Counsel to American Midstream Partners, LP (NYSE: AMID) in several acquisitions of midstream infrastructure assets totaling more than $250 million in value
- Counsel to Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) in its $400 million acquisition of a cement plant located in Fairborn, Ohio and related assets from Cemex Construction Materials Atlantic, LLC
- Counsel to Ennis, Inc. (NYSE: EBF) in its disposition of its apparel division to Alstyle Apparel, LLC
- Counsel to InfraREIT, Inc. (NYSE: HIFR) in its $1.275 billion sale to Oncor Electric Utility Company LLC
- Counsel to Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Ltd., and his related entities in Comstock Resources, Inc.’s (NYSE: CRK) $2.2 billion acquisition of Covey Park Energy
- Counsel to Keystone Consolidated Industries, Inc. in its acquisition of PC strand and industrial wire producer Strand-Tech Martin, Inc.
- Counsel to the Kudelski Group in its acquisition of cyber and network security solutions company M&S Technologies, Inc.
- Counsel to Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (NYSE: PTEN) in its $262 million acquisition of Multi-Shot, LLC d/b/a MS Energy Services
- Counsel to a private equity-backed compression company in its acquisition of midstream compression assets located in the Powder River Basin of Wyoming
- Counsel to Sony Pictures Television Networks in its $150 million acquisition of a substantial majority stake in in Japanese anime distributor FUNimation Productions, Ltd.
- Counsel to a web-based retail loan broker in the spin-off of its financial technology company subsidiary
- Counsel to Zix Corporation (NASDAQ: ZIXI) in its acquisition of an email security company Greenview Data, Inc.
- Counsel to Banc of America Securities LLC as lead initial purchaser in connection with an offering $500 million 6.0% Senior Notes due 2026 by Parkland Fuel Corporation
- Counsel to Barclays Capital Inc. in its role as sole underwriter in connection with a $777.3 million registered underwritten common stock offering by Targa Resources Corp
- Counsel to Celanese US Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), in its $500 million registered underwritten public offering of 3.500% Senior Notes due 2024
- Counsel to Citigroup Global Markets Inc. in its role as lead bookrunner in connection with a $750 million Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of 5.0% Senior Notes due 2028 by Targa Resources Partners LP
- Counsel to D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE: DHI) in its $400 million registered underwritten public offering of 2.550% senior notes due 2020
- Counsel to Deutsche Bank Securities with respect to numerous issuances by Targa Resources Partners LP under three separate at-the-market offering programs
- Counsel to J.P. Morgan Securities LLC as lead initial purchaser in connection with an offering $500 million 5.875% Senior Notes due 2027 by Parkland Fuel Corporation
- Counsel to Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) in its underwritten public offering of 7,000,000 shares of its common stock valued at approximately $230 million
- Counsel to Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) in its underwritten public offering of 8,000,000 shares of its common stock valued at approximately $211 million
- Counsel to Matador Resources Company (NYSE: MTDR) in its $1.05 billion Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of 5.875% Senior Notes due 2026
- Counsel to Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated in its role as lead bookrunner in connection with a $750.0 million Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of 6.500% Senior Notes due 2027 by Targa Resources Partners LP
- Counsel to Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated in its role as lead bookrunner in connection with a $750.0 million Rule 144A / Regulation S offering of 6.875% Senior Notes due 2029 by Targa Resources Partners LP
Pro Bono Service
Mr. Pacifici also devotes some of his practice to the firm’s pro bono and community outreach efforts, including the following select representations:
- Counsel to Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Fort Worth in its merger with Boys and Girls Club of Arlington, Inc., forming Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County, Inc. (the largest Boys & Girls Club in Texas)
- Counsel to Boys & Girls Clubs of Navarro County, Texas Inc. in its merger with Boys & Girls Club of Greater Dallas, Inc., forming a combined organization that provides programming and support for over 6,600 young people in the North Texas area
- Counsel to Trinity River Corridor Local Government Corporation in select matters regarding its formation and tax exempt status
* Includes matters handled prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
Mr. Pacifici received his law degree cum laude from Duke University School of Law. While in law school, he served as the Symposium Editor of Law & Contemporary Problems, a Content Editor for the Duke Law & Technology Review and a research assistant for Professor Steven L. Schwarcz. He graduated summa cum laude from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Communications, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and was a member of the Lee Honors College.