Abby Joens-Witherow is an associate in the Houston office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She currently practices in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Global Finance, Capital Markets and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance practice groups. Ms. Joens-Witherow’s practice focuses on advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors in both acquisition and financing transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. in its take-private acquisition by Shell USA Inc.
- Representation of Gryphon Investors in its acquisition of Rootstock Software
- Representation of Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of PLH Group
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Rattler Midstream LP in its take-private acquisition by Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- Representation of FTV Capital in its growth equity investment in SingleOps
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of Hess Midstream GP LLC in the repurchase of $400 million Class B Units by Hess Midstream LP
- Representation of Seawall Capital in its investment into Sports Endeavors, Inc.
- Representation of Liberty Hall Capital Partners and Accurus Aerospace Corporation in Accurus’ Acquisition of Ferra Holdings Limited
- Representation of the initial purchasers in Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited’s $750 million senior notes offering
- Representation of Cogent Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: COGT) in its $172.6 million offering of common stock and pre-funded warrants
- Representation of the underwriters in Waste Management, Inc.’s (NYSE: WM) $950 million senior notes offering
- Representation of Peloton Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: PTON) in its $1.07 billion public offering of Class A common stock
Ms. Joens-Witherow graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School in 2021 where she was a managing editor for the Tulane Law Review and a student attorney in the Domestic Violence Clinic. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from DePauw University in 2018 where she majored in Political Science and Psychology.