Abby Joens-Witherow is an associate in the Houston office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. She currently practices in the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Global Finance, Capital Markets and Securities Regulation and Corporate Governance practice groups. Abby’s practice focuses on advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors in both acquisition and financing transactions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. in its take-private acquisition by Shell USA Inc.
- Representation of Gryphon Investors in its acquisition of Rootstock Software
- Representation of Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of PLH Group
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of the general partner of Rattler Midstream LP in its take-private acquisition by Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- Representation of FTV Capital in its growth equity investment in SingleOps
- Representation of the Conflicts Committee of Hess Midstream GP LLC in the repurchase of $400 million Class B Units by Hess Midstream LP
- Representation of Seawall Capital in its investment into Sports Endeavors, Inc.
- Representation of Liberty Hall Capital Partners and Accurus Aerospace Corporation in Accurus’ Acquisition of Ferra Holdings Limited
- Representation of the initial purchasers in Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited’s $750 million senior notes offering
- Representation of Cogent Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: COGT) in its $172.6 million offering of common stock and pre-funded warrants
- Representation of the underwriters in Waste Management, Inc.’s (NYSE: WM) $950 million senior notes offering
- Representation of Peloton Interactive, Inc. (NYSE: PTON) in its $1.07 billion public offering of Class A common stock
Abby graduated magna cum laude from Tulane University Law School in 2021 where she was a managing editor for the Tulane Law Review and a student attorney in the Domestic Violence Clinic. She received her B.A. magna cum laude from DePauw University in 2018 where she majored in Political Science and Psychology.