Nick Kendrick is an associate attorney in Gibson Dunn’s Singapore office. He is a member of the firm’s Oil and Gas, Mergers and Acquisitions, Energy and Infrastructure and Power and Renewables Practice Groups.
Mr. Kendrick is an experienced energy lawyer with a focus on upstream oil and gas transactions. He frequently advises companies on acquisitions and divestments, farmouts, joint ventures, project development, licensing and project financing across Asia, Africa and Europe. His recent work includes advising on matters in Egypt, Mozambique, Tanzania, Morocco and Malaysia.
Mr. Kendrick also has extensive experience advising clients on midstream and downstream transactions in the oil and gas and LNG sub-sectors, including transportation and processing arrangements, sale and purchase agreements, master sales agreements and LNG destination swap transactions. He has also counselled developers on several power projects in the Middle East and North Africa.
Mr. Kendrick also has recent experience advising oil and gas companies on tailored decommissioning security agreements (DSAs) for late-life assets and infrastructure, including credit support arrangements.
Prior to joining Gibson Dunn, Mr. Kendrick was a senior associate in the London office of a U.S. firm, where he focused exclusively on energy transactions and completed a secondment to the London office of Genel Energy. He also previously worked in the downstream group in the London office of a supermajor.
Mr. Kendrick is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Eni in connection with the sale of a participating interest in the Egyptian Shorouk Concession, containing the Zohr gas field, to Mubadala Petroleum for a consideration of US$934 million.
- Newfield Exploration in connection with its disposal of the shares in Newfield Malaysia Holdings, holding upstream oil and gas assets offshore Malaysia, to SapuraKencana Petroleum for a consideration of US$898 million.
- Eni in connection with the sale of its entire upstream and midstream business in Trinidad & Tobago.
- Eni in connection with the sale of the entire issued share capital of Agip OCP Limited, holding interests in the OCP crude oil pipeline in Ecuador, to Pampa Energia.
- Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund in connection with the proposed disposal of a controlling interest in Hellenic Petroleum, a diversified energy group with upstream, midstream and downstream activities across 6 countries in South East Europe, valued at approximately US$1.5 billion.
- Apache Corporation in connection with the sale of multiple UK North Sea upstream oil and gas assets to Chrysaor Limited.
- Apache Corporation in connection with the disposal of its operated interest in the SAGE System in the UK North Sea to Ancala Partners.
- Noble Energy in connection with the phased divestment of its entire UK North Sea upstream portfolio.
- A bidder in connection with an auction process for upstream oil and gas assets located in Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia.
- Ophir Energy in connection with its proposed US$2 billion Fortuna FLNG project offshore Equatorial Guinea, including long-term LNG SPAs, credit support arrangements and host government agreement.
- Sonatrach Gas Marketing in connection with its operations at Grain LNG terminal, including LNG MSAs, credit support arrangements, joint venture matters and regulatory matters.
- GAIL (India) Limited in connection with several LNG destination swap transactions with Gunvor Singapore and other trading houses in respect of LNG produced in the USA.
- Electricity Authority of Cyprus in connection with LNG SPAs and downstream gas SPAs.
- A European gas company in connection with the entry into an MSA for the procurement of LNG and entry into a tolling arrangement for its regasification at the Gate LNG terminal.
- An LNG buyer in connection with the purchase and regasification of LNG at the Klaipeda FSRU in Lithuania.
Oil & Gas – Upstream
- Premier Oil in connection with the development of its US$2 billion Sea Lion project in the Falkland Islands.
- Eni in connection with its joint venture arrangements for Block MLO 124 offshore Argentina.
- China National Petroleum Corporation in connection with the development of its upstream assets in Chad and the development of the Chad-Cameroon Pipeline.
- Sasol in connection with a farmout in Area A onshore Mozambique.
- Ophir Energy in connection with a crude oil sales agreement for the Bualuang oil field offshore Thailand.
- Genel Energy in connection with supply chain and procurement matters, including an offshore drilling campaign, and seismic acquisition and seismic processing in Morocco and Somaliland.
- Summit Petroleum in connection with an exchange of interests in the Pierce Field and the Kinnoull Field in the UK North Sea with JX Nippon, and on two farmouts of adjacent blocks in the UK North Sea.
- Serica Energy in connection with the farmout of an interest in the Sidi Moussa and Foum Draa blocks offshore Morocco.
- Safari Petroleum in connection with its country-entry into the Comoros Islands, including entry into a new PSC and JOA in respect of offshore blocks D, E and F.
- Apache Corporation in connection with decommissioning security arrangements for its high-value assets in the UK North Sea.
- Rhino Resources in connection with several petroleum agreements and joint venture arrangements in Namibia.
- An international energy company in connection with an opportunity to farm-in to a mega-field onshore Mozambique.
- A supermajor in connection with its application for a petroleum prospecting licence in Guyana.
- A U.S. oil and gas company in connection with the entry into new production sharing contracts in Tunisia.
- A key stakeholder in connection with the development and commercialization of the Kashagan Field, Kazakhstan.
Power & Renewables
- Alcazar Energy Partners in connection with the acquisition, development and project financing of the 84 MW Al Rajef Wind Project in Jordan.
- Diamond Generating Corporation in connection with the development of the 52.5 MW Shams Ma’an Round 1 solar project in Jordan.
- Alcazar Energy Partners in connection with the development of the 64 MW AEES1 solar project in the Benban Solar Park, Egypt.
- Mercuria Energy Group in connection with its acquisition of L&Q Block gas interests from Tullow Oil in the Dutch North Sea.
- Macquarie Bank Limited in connection with the provision of a US$30 million bridge facility to Bowleven plc in relation to the Etinde field in Cameroon.
- Caracal Energy Inc. in connection with a US$250 million RBL senior secured facility for the development of its petroleum assets in Chad, arranged by Natixis and Société Générale This deal was named “Middle East and Africa Deal of the Year” by Trade Finance Magazine 2014.
- Flowstream Commodities in connection with the provision of a US$200 million finance stream to Cairn Energy in connection with the development of the Kraken and Catcher fields in the UK North Sea.
- Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority of Tanzania (EWURA) in connection with the development of natural gas regulations and guidelines for the natural gas industry in Tanzania.
- Seven Energy in connection with several gas sale and purchase agreements and associated transportation arrangements in Nigeria.
- Nostrum Oil & Gas in connection with the expansion of its existing gas treatment facilities in Kazakhstan.
* Includes experience gained prior to joining Gibson Dunn.